12.30.2008

Be thankful for every day....

Exactly one year ago today...the girls you know as the "Bumsville Bitches", were blessed with a first hand experience of an accident that could have taken any one of their lives if it had happened any other way. Luckily the 3 of them walked away from it...
It all happened about 4pm...Terry, Anne, and myself were hanging out at Anne's old apartment by state. I had a family dinner to go to in Del Mar and needed to get going. I had parked my car in Anne's garage and the girls were helping me back out, as it was a one car garage in a very small parking lot. I was about half way out when I saw a car come flying at us, completely air born....


The picture above shows the scene of the accident minutes after it happened. The scariest part was that Anne was standing right where the car landed. From my view after the car landed I thought she was underneath it. I got out of my car and saw Terry on my right, I ran around to see Anne laying on the ground in shock trying to crawl away from the car that had landed at her feet. Terry and I helped her up and we ran away from the smoking car.




People who had seen or heard the accident called 911. They had to pull the elderly man who was driving that crashed, from his mangled car with the jaws of life through the roof of his car. The cops informed us that he was alive but non-responsive when they took him away in the ambulance. They also told us they believed he had gone into a diabetic coma while driving which was the cause of the accident. To this day I often wonder how he is. I wanted to try and somehow find out if he indeed was OK.



The 3 of us were a bit shaken to say the least. There were lots of tears and hugs, and Anne's neighbor DJ Effrin, helped calm us down with some mint mojitos.
The next day Anne and I went back to take some photos in the daylight and see the remains of the accident.


What a day. It was one of those experiences that changes your outlook on everything. Even if its for only a week, you breathe the air in a little bit deeper, take a longer look at a beautiful picture, savor that last bite of your favorite meal..and tell those you love, who make your life worth living, just how much you appreciate them.


I love you Bitches!


-Legs Out



No comments: